The IxDA just announced the winners of their 2013 Interaction Awards. However their awards page only links to the firms that did the work, not to the projects themselves. Because I wanted to find out more about each project, I did the clicking to get the details on the winning projects. It turns out it was was worth the effort because it’s a really interesting collection of projects. And shows the field of interaction design’s growing breadth and relevance.
But to save you some time 😉 here is an enhanced version of their winers list with my [ links ] to the project info pages, or project itself. (The images here are also my additions, they’re not part of IxDA’s post.)
2013 INTERACTION AWARDS WINNERS
Making daily activities more efficient.
- 10,000ft, Artefact [ Project info ]
- FreshBooks for iPhone, FreshBooks
- MyFord Mobile for Ford Motor Company, IDEO [ Project info ]
- Nike+ FuelBand, R/GA [ Product info ]
- Practice Fusion iPad application, Cooper [ Project info ]
- Rehearsal: an App for Practicing Musicians, Kirsten Southwell/North Carolina State University [ Project info ]
Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning.
- 21 Balançoires, Daily tous les jours [ Project info ]
- Chrome Web Lab, Google Creative Lab [ Project info ]
- Fiiiit, Ke Zhao/Beijing Sport University [ Project video ]
- Gundulas Stories – an interactive learning environment, Fabian Gampp/HTWG Konstanz [ Project info ]
Enabling people to go beyond their limits.
- 100 BPM, Maxime Dubreucq + Doris Feurstein + Shivanjali Tomar + Natalie Vanns / Umeå Institute of Design [ Project info ]
- Nike SPARQ, R/GA [ Product website ]
- Nike+ FuelBand, R/GA
- Sonivivi, Daim Yoon/Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design [ Project info ]
- Teemo, Ammunition [ Project info ]
- ZocDoc, ZocDoc
Encouraging self expression and/or creativity.
- Iuvo, Matteo Loglio/SUPSI [ Project info ]
- Lego Life Of George, Lego System [ Product website ]
- Paper by FiftyThree, FiftyThree
Facilitating communication between people and communities.
- Honolulu Answers, Code for America [ Project info ]
- JK5, Ilari Laitinen + Enni Koistinen / Lahti Institute of Design [ Project info ]
- Obama for America Mobile Campaign, thirteen23 [ Project info ]
Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets.